Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gratitude for the last warm Autumn days...

The cold nip on the air even on a warm day...memories of chilly Winter creeping in quickly now.

While I love the peaceful cool of Autumn days and the wind-free reprieve, I do not look forward to the damp, cold days of Winter. That feeling of days going past without a ray of sunshine on my skin, the coldness that creeps into your bones. If ever there was a person who would thrive in moderate to hot temperature climates, it would be me. I am most comfortable in dry warmth. My acupuncturist would tell me that this is because I am a damp, clammy body...mmm sounds great doesn't it? But with the classifying body-types, TCM uses these terms as guides for specific treatments.

So with gratitude for the last warm Autumn days, I will prepare for the next 5 months of chill.

Of course there are delicious soups, stews, baked fruit puddings, sherry and cosy mornings in bed to look forward to...

3 comments:

  1. ..and boots! Don't forget the yummy boots! ;-) And red-wine-pizza evenings, warm blankies and DVD's while the rain pours outside.. siigh, I do love the 'miserable' days!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you express winter in terms of food, that's my favourite thing about winter, that and the rain, I don't know why, but I LOVE the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Gratitudes Cam...even my sister is looking in on your blog for the Gratitudes...

    ReplyDelete