Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Twin update....

Can you believe it....somehow I deleted my entire post on my ipad grrrrr...so now will retype it all again eish...


Age:  Actual age = just over 5 months, corrected age 14 weeks!


Height/Weight: The babies are growing so well! Finn now weighs a whopping 6.9kg and Rebecca about 5.8kg! Finn has crossed over the average weight line for 5 months and Rebecca is well on her way to doing the same.

Developmental notes: They are developing so well and reaching all their milestones for their corrected age and in some cases real age! They hold their heads up and turn them from side to side. They almost sit unsupported. They are smiling and we had our first laughs - so so special! I now find myself trying all sorts of funny noises to get them to laugh - I am sure they must look at me and think their mommy has lost it! They are grabbing toys and putting them in their mouths. Finn's hand-eye coordination is better than Rebecca's, but she can stand and almost support her weight already. They sit and follow you as you move around the room.  I have them as my audience in the mornings as I get ready for work - so sweet. Finn has started sucking his thumb...so cute.

Eating:Rebecca is up to 150ml a feed!! It happened quite suddenly - we had been battling to get her to finish even 90ml a feed and then suddenly she found her appetite. Finn is up to 170 - 200ml a feed! I am still expressing breastmilk but only 3 times a day - enough for their daytime feeds and then we move onto formula at nights.  We start solids in 3 weeks - can you believe it?? I can't. I plan to wean myself off pumping by then and switching to formula for all their feeds.  I am sad about it, but so pleased that I have been able to feed them breastmilk for 6 months. I hope my milk suppply will stay for a while so I can still breastfeed them in the mornings and at night... Our baby clinic midwife has suggested we start solids with veggies not cereal...more on all this later...

Sleep: They are sleeping so well. We have had many nights of sleep throughs! Yah! Rebecca especially, but Finn sometimes wakes up at about 3 or 4 and gets loud enough to give him a snack for. Last night we put 1/4 tsp of organic rice cereal in Finn's bottle to give him that extra push to sleep through with no moaning from 4am and it worked, so we will keep doing that. They nap for 2 hours in the morning, again after lunch and then for an hour in the afternoon - about 5 hours still a day. Then they go down to sleep at about 19h30 after bath and bottle. We wake them up at 22h30 for their last bottle and then they sleep through until 5h30/6am. I didn't think this would happen for a while so I am so happy with our clever little babies....although I have been told this may change when they start teething......

Favourite Things: Sitting up and looking around. Morning smiles. Splashing in the big bath.

Dislikes: Rebecca still fights going to sleep sometimes...we are trying to get her to go to sleep without rocking her until she drops off. So now we put her on the bed and pat her on the bottom until she goes to sleep and then carry her through to her cot.  She can get quite loud crying with her eyes closed, hence using the other room...hopefully we will be able to do this in her cot soon without the crying...watch this space...


Their accomplishments: All the amazing developmental moments above!


Our accomplishments: Loving the night sleep throughs lol!


Looking forward to: More laughs and everything coming...

Mommy musings: Today exactly one year ago was egg retrieval day and our babies started their lives in the fertility laboratory! What a special day. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Camilla. I don't often comment, but I follow your blog regularly. Just wanted to say that your babies are absolutely gorgeous and growing beautifully. Am so happy for you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete