Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Friday, May 1, 2009

To flu or not to flu



Hard to believe that we have just returned from the source of the latest health mayhem, those poor swines. And, missed it! With an incubation period of 7-10 days before noticing symptoms, I am pleased to report that we are absolutely fine. No flu at all. Viva Mexico. Am sending love and healing light to all the people in the rural areas who are most at risk.

My tan is fading. Winter has arrived. It is snuggly weather and I feel like eating! Am craving hot apple pie and cream. But no! Still have at least 7kg to lose by then end of June. Must focus. The silly scale at the gym is messing with my mind, it has had the same reading for the past two weeks - really irritating! It is just not right.

Am busy eating a small bowl of chilli tomato pasta with sprouts - hopefully this will fill the hole which seems vast on this grey day.

Thinking back to the Mexico trip...We did visit the Temple of Ix-chel, the Mayan goddess of fertility on Isla Cozumel and I stood in the same place as all the Mayan women before me, who make it their pilgrimage at least once in their lives. And I asked for her blessing with an offering of a red hibiscus flower, a yellow leaf and a seed pod. This is the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment