Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Monday, February 22, 2010

Gratitude for Cardiologists

What a divine Dr. Divine as he has declared me fit and also such a cheerful, friendly fellow.

I am not going to die from a heart-attack, thank goodness. I have what is called supraventricular paroxysmal tachycardia. Not a serious form of tachycardia which essentially means heart palpitations - caused by a dodgy electric circuit connection on my upper ventricle that then loops and starts making the heart beat really fast. This does not cause long term damage and can respond to certain methods like holding one's breathe or massaging the carotid artery in the neck or even splashing one's face with cold water. Pills can be prescribed if the palpitations happen more regularly and eventually a small procedure, called an ablation, using a catheter through the groin to laser the dodgy electric connection in my heart can be done...but not yet.

So thank you for cardiologists...especially sweet ones that tell me my heart is just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Shooo! So glad you're ok ;-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you will live...smile.

    It is also nice to know that there is something out of place...otherwise you feel like you are loosing your mind...

    Now, if it were me...I would use it as an excuse to skip gym...hee hee

    ReplyDelete