Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Night wake ups....

Oh heeeeeelp! Our babbas have started abberating. In that we have had months now of perfect sleep throughs...the past week has been chaos. First Finn woke up one night and wouldn't go back to sleep for hours. Then Rebecca has been waking up several times during the night for the last four days!! Last night, rather than having to leap up all the time, I put her in bed with me. That way, she didn't wake up Finn and I could lean over and pat her back to sleep rather than lean over her cot for ages. It was so much better. But. She. Still. Woke. Up. At 11, 12, 2 and then at 4h45am....yes. NOT GREAT! It must be teething but there are no new teeth showing. Finn's top third and fourth teeth are out, and there is lots of drool from both but no more teeth yet. What else could it be? I was advised to use Stopayne but then read the insert which said it is contraindicated for infants under two. So panado and baby neurofen only it seems. Problem with this is that it doesn't really help them to sleep. I now understand why parents in the age of Laudinum used it and other remedies like brandy and other dodgy substances before they knew how bad this was! I really hope this is just a phase!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like molar shifting to me maybe...if you can see or feel anything. Or it may even be a developmental milestone they are hitting...I've read and heard that kiddos have a hard time when they are learning something new or getting more mobile at first. I hope that you get some better sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooi Cam it is the PITS to deal with night time wakings when you're used to getting sleep again... I feel your pain! Kade did this everytime he hit a major milestone - like crawling, cruising and walking so perhaps it could be that?

    Or it could be teeth. I give Stopayne only if he's really miz - my last line of defense in the medicine cabinet - so you *can* try it. Just give a smaller dose than you normally would of the other milder stuff.

    Hope it passes soon (and it will pass!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete