Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Not prepared....

After stopping to breasfeed / express my milk on Good Friday....I am taking strain! No-one warned me that I would feel so sad about stopping breastfeeding...I have just read that it is due to my prolactin levels decreasing and is quite normal. But geez, I am really really sad and tearful and have this growing urge to run to my pump and start expressing right now! I am doubting myself and feeling guilty about no longer being able to feed my babies. Every time I think about the fact that every minute I don't express means my milk is drying up, I just want to cry. I tried to latch the babies on and they did suckle a bit but lost interest quickly. Gosh this is so much harder than I thought it would be when I made the decision to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Cam...it is a difficult time. Hope it passes soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cam, I face this in my near future, I am falling apart having just cut back on expressing, so I dread how I will cope when I actually stop. Just hold onto the thoughts you had when you made the decision and see if that helps your state of mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hear you on this one Cam. In my case Kade weaned himself long before I was ready to stop breastfeeding and I was really upset about it at the time. Focus on the fact that you have given your babies the best start in life as they now move to exploring solids.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete