Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Monday, October 29, 2012

My snowbabies

I just can't seem to let go of our two snowbabies...two perfect embryos on ice, just waiting to implant and start to grow.  We got our invoice to keep them frozen for another year and while I know we should just confirm that we cannot proceed with another pregnancy, I just can't seem to do it. I also don't want to donate them..I want them for myself. Does that make sense?  Even though I know the doctors have advised in the harshest terms that I should not attempt to carry another pregnancy, let alone another possible set of twins, my heart loves them already.  They could be another perfect two babies. What if they were Finn or Rebecca.

How am I going to let them go?


  1. Cam, I'm going to suggest paying for another year's worth of freezing. Don't make any decisions now. You are not ready to let them go or to adopt them out. From what I understand costs to freeze at your clinic are really reasonable. This is something you HAVE to be ready to do. And you are not.


  2. I hear you Cam, I'm in the same situation, and was discussing this with DH a couple of evenings ago. We have gorgeous 5 month old twin girls and are not planning on having anymore.

    I have 4 embryos on ice and I'm struggling with letting them go - it seems too soon. I'm not going to use them, but am not ready to let them go. We discussed donating them to another couple as we can't bear the thought of destroying them or donating them to medical science, but I'm not there yet, so we're going to pay for another year.

    Good luck with your decision xx

  3. Cam, I feel that attached to Chris' sperm we worked so hard for, so I can imagine how very much harder it is for you to make a decision on actual embryos. we have paid for another year of freezing and I would recommend you do the same until you are ready to make a decision.

  4. could you keep them another year !
    maybe you just need time to decide, it is a big decision !!

    I keep paying for more storage, cause i can not let go yet....