Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Friday, July 29, 2011

24 Weeks!

How far along? 24 weeks yesterday!

Symptoms?  Non-stop heartburn which comes and goes all day long. Backache. Pinched sciatic nerve - comes and goes. Rib pain when I roll onto my LHS at night - ouch. Some cramps which made me stress - sore. I also realised I have been having Braxton Hicks for a while now - my whole uterus contracts and it feels like the twins are either pushing outwards or breathing out a deep breath - not painful just wierd. More fluid-like discharge which I hope is normal. White to pale yellow as well sometimes...

Stretch marks? None yet...hoping I get off lightly...

Weight gain? Haven't weighed myself since the 12kg gain mark.

Sleep? Still getting up for night wees, uncomfortable when turning from side to side. Twins kick me when I roll over at night from both sides - hope I am not squashing them lol! Vivid and wierd dreams. But sleeping deeply and well.

Movement? Some days not much at all - I suspect the twins were facing the back? Quite a bit of movement at nights when they kick and nudge me as I sleep - I wake up with a chuckle and a smile on my face - love them moving! Am love love loving doing belly watch so I can visably see my belly twitch and jump when they kick and nudge! Just can't get enough of this :)

Best moment this week? Watching my belly move when they kick...must be the best thing yet...

Food cravings? Chocolate milkshake and Knead Classic Burger.

What I am looking forward to? Getting to 26 weeks...28 weeks...30 weeks - only 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks to go...will celebrate in a big way at each milestone!!! Also looking forward to my scan and cervix check on Wednesday - DH may come with me to meet Dr H for the first time!

Milestones? Getting to 24 weeks...2 weeks to go until viability although internationally 24 weeks is considered viable...

Emotions? Some days strong, other days wobbly. Believe believe believe Cam. Closer and closer...

General... Have been unable to resist buying some of the most ridiculously gorgeously cute little outfits - even though I promised I wouldn't buy clothing yet, I have bought some Baby Gap, FC Baby and Naartjie babygrows...indulgent but so adorable. I realised that I am not living out my fantasy through other womens babies anymore - it is all for our babies - wow. So special my heart can't even hold all the love I already feel...sometimes I think it is going to burst with joy and excitement and I have to hold back tears of absolute happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment