Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Thursday, August 4, 2011

25 Weeks!

How far along? 25 weeks!

Symptoms? Heartburn most of the time. Backache. Pinched nerve - has been much better but still feel it now and then. Have been quite crampy which Obgyn says is normal...hasn't gotten worse, it just feel like my uterus is achy and irritated.  Obgyn said I mustn't rub it too much as this aggravates it. BH contractions a few times a day. Fluid-like discharge most of the week and quite a lot. Tender at bottom of uterus especially when our girl kicks me there.

Stretch marks? None yet...

Weight gain? Haven't weighed myself since the 12kg gain mark. Waist measures 121cm.

Sleep? Still getting up for night wees, uncomfortable when turning from side to side. Have started feeling more uncomfortable especially at night and in bed. Am surrounded by pillows.

Movement? I haven't picked up any definite patterns yet and sometimes no movement for hours, then suddenly there will be some....

Best moment this week? Seeing that the babes are fine at yesterday's scan, they are growing well and have enough fluid. Knowing that we are getting closer and closer to viability even though I am praying that they stay put until 36 weeks - no PTL see babies!!!

Food cravings? Cookies and cream Haagen Daz ice-cream.

What I am looking forward to? Getting to 26 weeks...28 weeks...30 weeks! Picking up the wingback chair and shelf and finishing all the furniture in the nursery.  Then will start buying the small stuff yeah!

Milestones? Getting to 25 weeks...in my 26th week! The babies are starting to put on fat now and soon their eyes can open. They also start responding to touch...

Emotions? Closer and closer...focusing on bringing our babies into the world healthy and happy. I feel myself getting stronger and more confident and then the fear starts eroding this when I realise what I now have to lose...I have to consciously keep my mind focused on believing.

General... My cervix is 31mm which is okay. Anything less than 25mm is a danger sign so I am happy as long as it stays at 30mm. Apparently the average is 30-40mm. There was a little funneling but Obgyn didn't seem worried - although she did say she wants to discuss steriod shots at our 27 week appointment...wonder why she said that? Maybe because of the funneling and she wants to help develop their lungs just in case? Now I am starting to worry again...

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry too much. I'm sure she just wants to be cautious. Better to be prepared then sorry I'm sure. It is great that your cervix is still long and that they are growing right on target. Congrats and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete