Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Thursday, August 25, 2011

28 Weeks!

How far along? 28 weeks!

Symptoms? Serious bouts of rib pain - not sure if it is babies pushing up into my ribs or if just caused by general expansion of my uterus which is also sore and sensitive on and off. Measured my belly from bottom to top and it is 34cm (equal to 34 weeks pregnant).  I am amazed how some people comment that I am so small - maybe I look like I am carrying small as I am so tall and seem to have so much space? Have a bit of hip pain now and then. My feet and legs are very swollen...every day now. I have leets (legs and feet in one) - forget about cankles! I sit with my legs raised every evening, and helps a bit but they stay swollen. Am keeping an eye on my BP. Heartburn aaaaaaaargh all the time on and off.

Stretch marks? None yet...using tissue oil morning and night.

Weight gain? 18kg!!!! Scary as I still have 8 weeks to go...

Sleep? Sleeping well even with night loo trips and crazy dreams. Getting more uncomfy but okay.

Movement? Some days lots, other days less...but I feel movement every day on and off. More rolling and moving than kicks and jabs.

Best moment this week? Getting to 28 weeks - one week at a time and every week I feel stronger. Seeing hiccups flicking on my belly for the first and only time so far! SO cute. Seeing colostrum oozing out of my nipples. Recording the babes heartbeats so I can use on the dvd I will edit with all their scans and birth and baby pics and video.

Food cravings? I am sure I would have more food cravings if I didn't have to deal with constant acid in my throat.

What I am looking forward to? 30 Weeks and then I will truly relax and welcome the mounting excitement and joy at meeting our babies soon...but babes - please stay in until at least 35 weeks...kay? I have my belly shoot next Saturday - what to wear hum? Will have to hide my giant feet lol!

Milestones? 28 weeks is a HUGE milestone as I wanted everything to be ready by now.  It isn't quite but I have my work baby shower next Thursday, so will only do final shop after that...so new date to be totally organised is 30 weeks!

Emotions? Getting stronger every day.  Am a bit worried about our girl's growth and praying she will be on track at the FAS next Tuesday...but believing all will be well.

General... Busy busy at work preparing all so I can go on maternity leave end September...or maybe even a week earlier - will see how things go. Got lots of projects at home to do before babes arrive but somehow I don't feel like it - all I want to do on the weekends is loll about and read!  Maybe the nesting instinct will kick in big time giving me extra energy to clear through some stuff. Otherwise all is great!

1 comment:

  1. I love the LEETS! Never heard that one before. I will use your blog's past postings as I make progress with my twins. I am 13w6d and I've gained almost 10 lbs. I'm trying to hit 20 by 20. Do you think that's necessary?

    ReplyDelete