Finn & Rebecca

Finn & Rebecca

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Scan update & pram

Just got back from our 25 week scan and all is great!

My cervix is 31mm so still fine..there is a little funelling again but nothing to worry about. Both babes are growing like weeds - he is 840g and she is 770g! He is lying with his head under my ribs (explains the rib pain I have been feeling!), his bum in her face and his legs upwards slapping her on the head with his hands - not sure how he is managing all these acrobatics lol!...She has moved upwards with her legs kicking me in the hoo-ha - this also explains that interesting feeling down there lol! During the scan, she was quite chilled and didn't seem to be phased at all by her brother slapping her around - she even stuck her tongue out at him lol!

They both have enough fluid - great!

I asked my Obgyn about the ongoing crampy feelings and tenderness in my uterus and she said that it is normal as I am now equivalent to a 32-34 week singleton pregnancy so will be experiencing all those crampy uterus feelings now. She said that we need to look out for any vaginal signs such as mucous bloody show, spotting or severe discharge. Also, if contractions cause you to double over or increase in severity and timing, then I must get it checked out. We didn't get any good pics today though - getting more tricky.  Got one pic of our girl but with her brother's bum against her face it is not a great shot hee hee!

She also did another vaginal swab to re-check for any infections. Urine test was all clear. I am now on 2 weekly appointments! As I was leaving she said to remind her to discuss steroid shots at our next appointment - so am not sure if she is keen on giving me steroids at 27 weeks just in case - I am sure she will check my cervix first? We'll see...

So I am happy...closer and closer...I will celebrate HUGE getting to the end of August and from September until hopefully 20 October when they are due, I will thoroughly indulge in finally really relaxing more and enjoying this incredible miracle...roll on September!
 
Onto the pram...
 
So DH came home and had to assemble the pram immediately as I was so excited. On first glance, he said "there is no way this is going to fit through a standard door"!  We specifically checked the width and measured the doors and it was one of the reasons we ordered this one oh dear what went wrong eeeeeeek...anyway, I took pictures as we went along...
  
                                         The unpacking...with some help from our Bengal cat, Halo...
                                         The unfolding...
                                         Mala and Halo playing with the box...
                                         Almost done...
                                         Ta da! The pram...

I love it!  Especially that it has bamboo in the fabric and all parts are made from 50% recycled materials.  It moves like a dream and the big wheels make taking it down stairs a breeze! Oh yes...and um...it doesn't fit through a standard door!!! Good thing we have double doors leading off our bedroom and the lounge. So while I won't be able to whizz them all through the house, I will be able to load them up and get them out of the house and all the way down our 100 or so steps - I am going to get SO fit!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news this is so exciting. So glad everything is doing so well and that the babies are behaving nicely and growing up a storm :-) Isn't that just typical of a brother - always rough housing with their sister! I have 2 I know! haha So cute.

    So excited for you and your pram is divine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Cam. It looks great and what a bonus that it is made of recycled materials. Just a bummer that it is not passing through the standard doors ARRRGGG !!

    Could you pass me the name of the brand please ?

    ReplyDelete